minutes of ESC call ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:05:10 UTC 2016

Hi David, *,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:29 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:>
> On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 07:57 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 07:30:54AM +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
>> >
>> > [...]
>
> I've just approved this change: [1]

[→ dropping VS2013 suppot]

> and after confirmtaion from Norbert
> that our CI infra was extended to support MSVC 2015, I will merge it.

The important part is *AFTER* confirmation. You're again jumping ahead
of events.
Unless 2015 is proven to work there's no point dropping support for 2013.

> How is the next LibreOffice release (5.2?) supposed to be built after
> this change was merged, when FB cannot be built on MSVC 2015 toolchain?
> And other releases during this 1 year (too optimistic assumption for
> me, but still)?
>
> @Christian, any comments on that from your side?

that whole FireDB situation sucks, and I'd rather  bundle hsqldb with
every odb file.

If firedb cannot be built, then we should not ship it.
I'd rather update hsqldb, even if it is the evil, evil java and have
two versions of hsqldb than shipping a "prebuilt" or whatever version
of firedb.

But again: you're jumping from conclusions, see Lionel's mails..

ciao
Christian