switching to XFastParser

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:20:13 UTC 2016

On 2016/03/31 3:07 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	That was my plan; I'd love some help mentoring and working alongside
> that task though ! it would be great to accelerate the move there.

Sounds reasonable, sure I'd be happy to help.

I took a brief look through this stuff a couple of weeks back, and our XML parsing code is fairly hairy to update.

Large chunks of our code for parsing config type stuff seem to be passing their work through some kind of XSLT layer,
which confuses me.

Various things in xmloff/ implement both XFastParser and XParser helper code, and it's not obvious what subclasses need
to implement to tie into the helper routines, etc, etc.

I think Azorpid will have his work cut out :-)