switching to XFastParser

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Mar 31 15:17:51 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-31 at 15:20 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Sounds reasonable, sure I'd be happy to help.

	Neato - are you signed up as a GSOC mentor ? would be great to do that
and click the "will mentor" button vs. that proposal.

> I took a brief look through this stuff a couple of weeks back, and
> our XML parsing code is fairly hairy to update.

	Heh =)

> Large chunks of our code for parsing config type stuff seem to be passing
> their work through some kind of XSLT layer, which confuses me.

	Really ? IIRC configmgr/ uses a different XML pull parser to parse its
files.

> Various things in xmloff/ implement both XFastParser and XParser helper
> code, and it's not obvious what subclasses need to implement to tie into
> the helper routines, etc, etc.

	I think that's only on the branch to any significant extent, although
there was this:

commit c0a5d390e519603dbc19a38c610d0a114b80cfa1
Author: Daniel Sikeler <d.sikeler94 at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 24 07:22:31 2014 +0000

    fdo#80403: Import baseclasses implement FastParser interfaces

	But I suspect that that is not used.

> I think Azorpid will have his work cut out :-)

	Hopefully doing a nice, standalone mapping between the old and new
style interfaces is something that can be implemented and heavily unit
tested nicely =)

	ATB,

		Michael.

--