linux dbgutil tinderbox stuck -> backtrace

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:23:09 UTC 2016

On 2016/03/31 3:17 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

> What I really wish for is a reliable hard timeout on all these tests.

Not sure how much it helps, but Java has a built-in thread deadlock detector (which may or may not fire here, since it
only detects deadlocks where the locks in question are all Java-level locks)

I have code that I can contribute that runs a watchdog thread that queries the Java deadlock detector every 2 seconds
and kills the program when a deadlock is detected.

Of course, it may be simpler and safer to simply surround the relevant tests with a brute-force-5-min-timeout-and-kill.