linux dbgutil tinderbox stuck -> backtrace

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:31:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Noel Grandin <noelgrandin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, it may be simpler and safer to simply surround the relevant tests
> with a brute-force-5-min-timeout-and-kill.

yeah.. except the timeout value should probably be longer or smarter,
or an optional parameter in gbuild invocation for outlier...
we do not want it triggering abusively on slow machines... for ci purpose
even 15 minutes would be tolerable... (and really a test that
'normally' run for longer than that should be split anyway)

beside this is not necessarily a java only issue... on occasion some
other tests not involving java can dead-lock or cpu-loop...

Norbert