[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: What is bin/distro-install-file-lists supposed to do?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon May 2 13:46:48 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 02:25 PM, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 02:16:15PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Any idea, anybody?
>
> If this is called by make distro-pack-install, then see
> <https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/LibreOffice:Factory/libreoffice/libreoffice.spec?expand=1> for one user. Gentoo uses it as well IIRC.
>
>>>    /usr/share metadata via bin/distro-install-desktop-integration), which then
>>>    fail because there is no $DESTDIR/gid_Module_Root.
>
> $DESTDIR/gid_Module_Root is created when you use 'make DESTDIR=...
> install'. It's a file list that can be used by rpm later, i.e. it would
> be possible to let upstream decide what files go into what subpackages,
> and not manually list them in an RPM spec file.

Ah, solenv/bin/ooinstall does things differently depending on whether
DESTDIR is set or not.  And presumably only puts a gid_Module_Root file
somewhere if DESTDIR is set.

I don't set it but use a --prefix=... configure switch, which apparently
works fine for all the other parts of "make distro-pack-install"
(including the "make install" part, which it depends on).  So my little
hack of silently quitting the bin/distro-install-file-lists part if
there's no $DESTDIR/gid_Module_Root is probably OK.