[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: What is bin/distro-install-file-lists supposed to do?

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon May 2 13:43:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 02:25:44PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> $DESTDIR/gid_Module_Root is created when you use 'make DESTDIR=...
> install'. It's a file list that can be used by rpm later, i.e. it would
> be possible to let upstream decide what files go into what subpackages,
> and not manually list them in an RPM spec file.

Yeah. All scp2 gid_Module_* end up in a file like this with make install DESTDI

No idea how SuSE etc do it (afaicr they get the infos from there and do stuff(tm),,
I use it directly. See

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/bin/distro-install-file-lists#n369 ff.
(which is de-facto unmaintained, though, my copy is in
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git/tree/scripts/gid2pkgdirs.sh,
the else in distro-install-file-lists is patched out then and "replaced" by
a manual call, see http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git/tree/rules#n2091.)

> Perhaps Rene knows more about it.

Indeed, see above. Those files are extremely important and used for knowing
at least on a basic level what to go where.

Regards,

Rene