Problem with multiple identities on Gerrit

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:11:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mike Kaganski <mikekaganski at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Currently I have a gerrit account with two identities:
> mikekaganski at hotmail.com (using openid provider
> http://pip.verisignlabs.com/) and mike.kaganski at collabora.com.

actually you had 3

one created 2013-07-05 (gmail openid)
one created 2015-04-26 (http:verisign)
one created 2015-11-09 (https:verisign)

your google OAuth got attached to the original account from 2013

> Since linking the second identity some time ago,

Since the first verisign account was created 6 days _after_ google
shutdown its openid, there is no way you could have 'linked the second
identity'

so at that point you had 2 account google openid and verisign http:

Apparently gerrit's openid consider http and https variant has
separate identity. Arguably it is a bug that http: be allowed and even
if it is it would not be considered the same than https, in any case
again login with what gerrit consider another identity created a 3rd
one for you, 6 months ago.

later you tried AOuth. I not sure if you really try to link (iow log
on with an existing identity -> setting -> add ana identity) and there
is a bug in OAuth + openid that recognized your old gerrit openid and
link Oauth to that.. or you did not and it worked as designed and
attached your google OAuth to your old expired goggle openid
either way.. you ended up with 3 account http:verisign, https:verisign
and OAuth:google

> Could someone provide some guidance what steps should I follow to solve the
> two small issues I desccribed:
>
> 1. To join two existing accounts (mikekaganski at hotmail.com using
> http://pip.verisignlabs.com/ and https://pip.verisignlabs.com/) into one
> that is currently linked with mike.kaganski at collabora.com?
>
> 2. To link new google identity mikekaganski at gmail.com to that account using
> OAuth2? (it seems that the new identity is already linked to some *third*
> account.)

There is no steps for you to follow. this housekeeping require
tweaking gerrit underlying sql database.
I have done it for you... you now have one combined account.

Norbert