Problem with multiple identities on Gerrit

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Mon May 9 06:43:56 UTC 2016

> On Sat May 7 18:11:11 UTC 2016 Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

>>On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mike Kaganski <mikekaganski at
hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Currently I have a gerrit account with two identities:
[...]

> I not sure if you really try to link (iow log
>on with an existing identity -> setting -> add ana identity) and there
>is a bug in OAuth + openid that recognized your old gerrit openid and
>link Oauth to that.

There is no way for him to link Google OpenID account, that he cannot
use to log in, to Google OAuth2, obviously. That why the linking is
working out of the box, so it's enough to just log in. It's funny you
are talking about "a bug in OAuth + openid", while I spent weeks to
make it work this way.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I know nobody understands that, so I will try to explain it again:

1. a user subscribed to gerrit.libreoffice.org in 2013 with Google
OpenID and ... disappeared
2. today the same user log in (note, no way for her to link anything,
because she has only one single, iow disabled Google OpenID account)
3. Google OAuth2 plugin will detect that this is the same user and will
link OpenID account from 2013 to the new OAuth2 identity