Jenkins coverage (Android and clang plugins)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 30 08:04:05 UTC 2016

Hi Norbert,

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 02:32:52PM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed clang and llvm
> clang comes as version 3.4.2 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot2-final) on centos 7
>
> saddly the plugings thing use api that are not in there
> namely
> FunctionDecl::params
>
> which lead to
> build CXX] compilerplugins/clang/unusedfields.cxx
> /home/tdf/lode/dev/core/compilerplugins/clang/unusedfields.cxx:127:58:
> error: no member named 'params' in 'clang::FunctionDecl'
>     for (const ParmVarDecl *pParmVarDecl : functionDecl->params()) {
>                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~  ^
>

> It is one thing to activate clang-plugin, it is another to maintains a
> set of manual packages on all build slaves

Thanks for checking this, indeed I haven't tried the plugins on clang
<3.5.

One more idea before abandoning this for now: the Ubsan build uses
/home/tdf/lode/opt_private/bin/clang++ as the compiler, I guess that's a
self-built, newer version -- could you please give that a try?

I.e. something like this in autogen.input:

CC=/home/tdf/lode/opt_private/bin/clang
CXX=/home/tdf/lode/opt_private/bin/clang++
--enable-dbgutil
--enable-werror

Thanks,

Miklos