Jenkins coverage (Android and clang plugins)

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:43:21 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 02:32:52PM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I installed clang and llvm
>> clang comes as version 3.4.2 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot2-final) on centos 7
>>
>> saddly the plugings thing use api that are not in there
>> namely
>> FunctionDecl::params
>>
>> which lead to
>> build CXX] compilerplugins/clang/unusedfields.cxx
>> /home/tdf/lode/dev/core/compilerplugins/clang/unusedfields.cxx:127:58:
>> error: no member named 'params' in 'clang::FunctionDecl'
>>     for (const ParmVarDecl *pParmVarDecl : functionDecl->params()) {
>>                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~  ^
>>

>> It is one thing to activate clang-plugin, it is another to maintains a
>> set of manual packages on all build slaves
>
> Thanks for checking this, indeed I haven't tried the plugins on clang
> <3.5.
>
> One more idea before abandoning this for now: the Ubsan build uses
> /home/tdf/lode/opt_private/bin/clang++ as the compiler, I guess that's a
> self-built, newer version -- could you please give that a try?

Ubsan build is a once a day build, tied to specific slave, that I
manually customized
furthermore it is not on the critical path, meaning that if it is red
that does not impact massively the workflow.

The clang plugin ideas is for gerrit build... that is a 40-80 builds a
day proposition
that need to run on all possible (linux) machines I can use as slave.

Norbert