Re: Björn Balazs license statement

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:47:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Wols Lists <antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:

> Because giving orders to volunteers isn't actually a very good idea?

there was no 'order' given.
what was said is:
"Please be aware this license cannot be used for development activities."
which is a factual statement regarding the current rules in force in
the project.

> Sorry, but I'm probably not unique in getting upset when told to do
> something "just because".

It is not 'just because'. That you choose to ignore the reason behind
the choice of license, and the unfortunate necessity to manage these
things does not make the decision whimsical.

Norbert