HarfBuzz common layout -- needs 64-bit build testing on Windows

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Tue Nov 1 20:07:42 UTC 2016

The new HarfBuzz (1.3.2)  based common layout with GDI and OpenGL rendering
on Windows is really an improvement.

I've not experienced any major issues with SAL_USE_COMMON_LAYOUT, but all my
testing has been with 32-bit TB Windows builds.

I'm leaning toward Khaled's position that it be enabled by default for
5.3.0.

There have been a number of fixes applied since the 5.3.0alpha1 64-bit build
was rolled and  we _really_ need another round of testing--can we spin an
alpha2 to have a go at the 64-bit Windows builds now rather than waiting for
the beta1?

@Cloph,  at the least,  any chance you can spin 64-bit builds on TB62 for a
few cycles?

By the way thanks Khaled and Akash!