Merging feature/commonsallayout branch

slacka lukebenes at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:10:49 UTC 2016

I just came back from a trip to China and found many machines there still
running XP with old versions of MS Office. I used the opportunity to
introduce several people there, including one IT manager, to LibreOffice.
Had we already dropped support for XP, it would have been an embarrassing
demonstration and reflected badly on us.

Dropping support for XP isn't going to push anyone into upgrading there OS.
It will however prevent new users from discovering us, especially in markets
like China and India.