test infrastructure ideas appreciated ... - Help / Doc screenshots ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 08:17:55 UTC 2016

On 06/05/2015 02:26 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
>> 	* Find some way to automate the creation of (translated)
>> 	  screenshots for help and documentation
>> 		+ this can be used to keep the help up-to-date
>> 		+ and also to test significant dialog open/close with it
>> 		+ and to add more screenshots (cheaply) to
>> 		  the documentation
>>
> Nice - and we'd get a 'smoke-test all our dialogs' for free with
> it. :)

Now that that screen shooting feature is available,
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Tinderbox#14> includes
'make screenshot' in it's 'make check' phase.  (Locally hacked into the
buildbot scripting for now.  It sometimes prints "make: Nothing to be
done for ´screenshot´" but still apparently does run the relevant tests;
go figure.)