LibreOffice for FreeBSD on PowerPC

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 10:26:37 UTC 2016

On 17.11.2016 17:54, Curtis Hamilton wrote:
> This might be a lost cause and I’m sure this subject has been previously
> addresses, however, I’d like to know if any has successfully ported
> LibreOffice to FreeBSD on PowerPC.
>
> I’ve been able to successfully build version 4.3.7, from the FreeBSD
> ports, using the Linux PowerPC code as a guide.  However, the resulting
> build does not display any icons in the menus or toolbars.

well... 4.3 is really ancient and EOL so i guess investigating this
isn't going to be very productive, i suggest first trying master or 5.2,
it's quite possible that the problem is gone but you get a different one
instead :)

> My build environment:
>
> OS: FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE powerpc (64-bit)
> Compiler: GCC version 4.8.5
> Java Version:  OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
>                      OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
>
> I’m hoping that someone with knowledge of the workings of the user
> interface can provide some insight on what to look at.  I’m not sure if
> this is a LibreOffice issue or FreeBSD on PowerPC issue.

it could be either, in particular if it's big-endian PPC there might be
an endian issue in some image handling code, of which there is quite a
lot for various different formats.