Lode Build Problem

Jason Marshall j_k_marshall_2004 at live.com
Sun Nov 27 15:29:00 UTC 2016

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am currently attempting to build LibreOffice on a 32-bit Windows 7 platform using Lode.  I have got as far as trying to set-up a dev build environment using the following command:

./setup --dev

This runs with the following output but then terminates:

Jason and Emma at JasonandEmma-PC ~/lode
$ ./setup --dev
Check directory 'packages' ... : Exist
Check directory 'opt' ... : Exist
Check directory 'ext_tar' ... : Exist
Check directory 'adm' ... : Exist
Check directory 'tb' ... : Exist
git repo '/home/Jason and Emma/lode/adm/buildbot' exist
ant already installed
junit Already Installed
Check directory 'mirrors' ... : Exist
Cloning into bare repository 'core.git'...
remote: Counting objects: 4708711, done.
remote: Total 4708711 (delta 3586930), reused 4702903 (delta 3581848)
Receiving objects: 100% (4708711/4708711), 1.44 GiB | 368.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (3586930/3586930), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Cloned mirror /home/Jason and Emma/lode/mirrors/core.git
Check directory 'dev' ... : Created
Cloning into 'core'...
remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
fatal: mmap failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
fatal: index-pack failed
Error Cloning /home/Jason and Emma/lode/dev/core

I have attempted to search the archived dev mailing lists for similar such issues, but the error above implies that perhaps a resource beyond my control, for whatever reason, may not be available at the time that I am running this.

As an aside, you will see that my home directory contains spaces (i. e. Jason and Emma) which seems to have been where upon installation, Cygwin simply named the home directory after the Windows 7 user account.  Would this likely be an issue aggravating the error above, and may it also be an issue in building more generally?  If an issue, can I simply rename the home directory in Cygwin to remove the spaces and then re-run lode, or would I need to start from a 'clean sheet' (I. e. cloning the lode git repo, re-downloading etc.)?

Thank you for your time.

Jason