Lode Build Problem

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:52:07 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Jason Marshall
<j_k_marshall_2004 at live.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir/ Madam
>

> I am currently attempting to build LibreOffice on a 32-bit Windows 7
> platform using Lode.  I have got as far as trying to set-up a dev build
> environment using the following command:
>

> ./setup --dev
>

> This runs with the following output but then terminates:
>

> Jason and Emma at JasonandEmma-PC ~/lode
> $ ./setup --dev
> Check directory 'packages' ... : Exist
> Check directory 'opt' ... : Exist
> Check directory 'ext_tar' ... : Exist
> Check directory 'adm' ... : Exist
> Check directory 'tb' ... : Exist
> git repo '/home/Jason and Emma/lode/adm/buildbot' exist
> ant already installed
> junit Already Installed
> Check directory 'mirrors' ... : Exist
> Cloning into bare repository 'core.git'...
> remote: Counting objects: 4708711, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (993620/993620), done.
> remote: Total 4708711 (delta 3586930), reused 4702903 (delta 3581848)
> Receiving objects: 100% (4708711/4708711), 1.44 GiB | 368.00 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (3586930/3586930), done.
> Checking connectivity... done.
> Cloned mirror /home/Jason and Emma/lode/mirrors/core.git
> Check directory 'dev' ... : Created
> Cloning into 'core'...
> remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
> remote: Total 5 (delta 4), reused 2 (delta 2)
> fatal: mmap failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> fatal: index-pack failed
> Error Cloning /home/Jason and Emma/lode/dev/core
>

> I have attempted to search the archived dev mailing lists for similar such
> issues, but the error above implies that perhaps a resource beyond my
> control, for whatever reason, may not be available at the time that I am
> running this.
>

> As an aside, you will see that my home directory contains spaces (i. e.
> Jason and Emma) which seems to have been where upon installation, Cygwin
> simply named the home directory after the Windows 7 user account.  Would
> this likely be an issue aggravating the error above

I am not certain that it is the root cause of the problme.. but
certainly that is
likely to cause trouble.

if you follow lode install then cygwin was installed with your user..
so you _can_ create a new home directory

assuming you are in cygwin in your current home directory 'Jason and Emma'

mv lode /. # copy the existing lode stuff.. to the root (you can do
that in this case because your user own the root filesystem

make sure to edit your .bashrc so that LODE_HOME point now to /lode
and PATH contain /lode/opt/bin at the front (so that 'make' resolve to
the right one by default when you use it fromt he command line)

terminate you cygwin session and start it again.

then

cd /lode

remove /lode/dev/core ust in case it was in bad state.

rm -fr /lode/dev/core

and run ./setup --dev again

Norbert