call for testing: gbuild-ide-integration reimplementation

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 09:09:02 UTC 2016

Hi Bjoern,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:58:56AM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> I switched gbuild-to-ide to use gbuildtojson. With that you should now be able
> to do from a fresh install:
>
> - ./autogen.sh
> - make {kdevelop,vim,vs2013,whatever}-ide-integration
>
> and have the project files generated. So with this:
>
>  - you do NOT need a finished build before creating projects anymore
>  - its ~seven times faster than the old stuff on my machine
>  - it should be more stable and not regress by GNU make updates and the like
>
> I tested the kdevelop integretion, which works fine. If you use any of the
> other IDEs, please test these here and scream loadly if this breaks things in
> the next 48 hours. If I hear nothing, I would merge this.

Eh, I'm afraid I missed that deadline. ;-)

So after this went in, writerfilter/ entries in compile_commands.json
(generated by vim-ide-integration) are now missing, which is a pain
point for me, as I do touch that module regularly.

Do you remember what was the reason to blacklist that module? Can that
be fixed in some way? The "you do NOT need a finished build before
creating projects anymore" part isn't really a selling point to me, as I
always do "make check && make vim-ide-integration" after pulling.

Thanks,

Miklos