Jookia license statement

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Fri Oct 7 20:10:08 UTC 2016

> On 7 Oct 2016, at 21:10, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
>> On Thursday, 2016-10-06 12:26:43 +0200, Jan Iversen wrote:
>>
>> I cannot add you to our wiki:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers
>> without a name, this is as such not a problem, but if you want to get merit for your work, we do need a name.
>
> Sorry, but I think that is not true. We have other entries without
> a "real name", for example "Clio" or "Eldan" or "Vincent", or also
> "Gokul, S" or "V., Artem" aren't full names either.
yes. I never wrote it was not possible.

> Or is stating a full real name a new requirement? Yes I know we prefer
> a real name. If it is for license trackability then maybe having the
> real name on file but not published on the wiki or elsewhere would be an
> option?
Well as I write it is not a problem, we have the mail as license statement (which is what counts) so it is only a high recommendation.

That page is open for anybody to edit, we even recommend on that page that people do it, but as pr earlier discussions, we really prefer a real name, which is why I do not edit without a name.

This is the second time in a year I have experienced it, so it is not something frequent, and let us see maybe there is a good reason for not making the name public (my private inbox is open).

rgds
jan i