looking for developper informations about Calc

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 19:25:08 UTC 2016

Hi LORENZO,

On Thursday, 2016-10-20 09:03:35 +0000, LORENZO Vincent wrote:

> Here I will give you a list of the main features used in NatTable and for which I would like to know if they already exist in Calc and if there is an API (in Java ?) to drive them:
> - Customize the cell appearance with CSS
No.

> - Manage the cell contents
Yes.

> - Manage the cell access (read-only or read-write)
Yes.

> - Declare custom cell editors (or dialogs) on cells to edit their contents
No. However, validity criteria and selection lists can be created for
cell input.

> - Show/hide columns or rows (not a deletion)
Yes.

> - Display data as a tree in a column (with expanding, collapsing and hiding intermediate row without to hide its children)
Not sure what you mean, sounds a bit like Grouping or Pivot tables,
you'd have to see yourself.

> In addition, I would like to know if the toolbars and the menus can be customized and hidden easily.
Yes. Whether it's easy or not depends on your mileage..

> Concerning the cell management, in the NatTable widget we proceed in 2 steps :
> -              One step to declare the cell contents : we declare the java object represented by the cell. It is not a string at this level, it is a java object, like a list, a Boolean, an integer, ...)
> -              The second step calls a LabelProvider which returns the text to display for the given object
>
> Is it the same kind of process in Calc or it is only a text management ?
Calc has numeric, text or formula cell content. Content/results can be
formatted for display using styles, number formats and conditional
formatting. Java objects can't be set as cell content.

> So, to resume,  my main question concerns the customization capabilities of Calc to manipulate its behavior programmatically.
>
> At the end, please, could you indicate me where I can found developer documentation about Calc and its API.

http://api.libreoffice.org/
Spreadsheet specific API under
http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/namespacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1sheet.html

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack