Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 12:20:17 UTC 2016

On 20.10.2016 10:52, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/20/2016 09:13 AM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>> a patch of mine:
>> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30036/4>
>> always fails in Gerrit Windows build machine in test
>> PythonTest_solenv_python:
>> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>
>>

>> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
>> (Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.
>>
>> I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
>> May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:
>>
>> "
>> make[3]: Entering directory
>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>
>> make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
>> 'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
>> make[3]: Leaving directory
>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>
>> "
>> can give some hint?
>
> Looking at
> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/>,
> quite a number of the recent master Gerrit/Jenkins Windows builds are
> red, and, scanning through their console output, quite a number fail
> with the same "ERROR: test_gbuildtoide (gbuildtoide.CheckGbuildToIde)"
> as your
> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>.
>
> Looks like there is still problems there after
> <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f5c54089b50718abf7c35aa81b150c509809d5c4>
> "prep WinResTarget for WNT in testdir".  Björn?

if i insert a "subprocess.check_call(['/bin/sh', '-c', 'set'])" in that
test i see these variables:

MAKEFLAGS='rs -j --jobserver-fds=3,4'
MAKELEVEL=2
MAKE_TERMERR=/dev/pts/4
MAKE_TERMOUT=/dev/pts/4

but not MAKE itself so the test just invokes the first make in the PATH.

let's try if this helps:
 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/30226