localization of ui

baigali 1304646911 at qq.com
Sun Oct 30 13:24:36 UTC 2016

Thank you,at first.

>By "tofo box" do you refer to rectangular boxes displayed instead of a character?
Yes.

 >I assume Windows simply lacks those Mongolian script characters in the UI font used.

But i specified the UI font as Mongolian Baiti, which exist in any windows system above win7,in file officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/VCL.xcu .

>I don't know what happens if you use characters of a right-to-left (RTL) script and try to display them left-to-right instead. Some part of the glyph layout might be confused at the end..

traditional mongolian script is,in fact ,a vertical left to right writen script, and in horizontal layout it  also can writen in right to left(like english).so i think vcl is already ok to handle it.(I don't plan to show traditonal mongolian script vertically left to right in ui.)

>One question, is One question, is Mongolian in Mongolian script used more widely in China, or in Mongolia?
>The Ethnologue website content is currently not available so I can't look it up..

Mongolian in Mongolian script used more widely in China.

I will check other advices sooner and reply  my result sooner,

baigali,