localization of ui

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Oct 31 01:20:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 08:53:34AM +0800, baigali wrote:
> Thank you, firstly.
>

> >I’m curious how vertical UI would look like, do you have any examples of
> >such UIs? VCL is the place to start, but I fear this might be a big
> >undertaking.
>

> There is  no Libreoffice vertical UI official or unofficial,as far as I know.
> This is a traditional mongolian website, http://www.holvoo.net/index.do (only IE can open it).
>
> This is a Office with traditional mongolian UI (writen horizontally)
> http://www.menksoft.com/Portals/_MenkCms/Products/Mwps2002(pro).rar .

OK, so I assume you just want horizontal Mongolian UI, then this should
just work. There shouldn’t be any changes needed in VCL.

Now I understand that you tried this but the Mongolian text did not show
up. Can you try again using the correct language tag from Eike Rathke
emails earlier in this thread and see if the translation still does not
show up? In this case I’d also need screenshots.

Regards,
Khaled