Recommended build instructions ...

Akash Jain akash96j at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:17:59 UTC 2016

> *  Recommending a known-good Visual Studio
>
>     The LODE page for some reason recommends Visual Studio 2015 - three
> times, though there is 2013 in the small print. I was to discover many hours
> later that in fact LibreOffice x86 on the libreoffice-5-2 branch (at least)
> doesn't compile in this configuration. I was surprised to find out that this
> is a well known problem later. We should not be documenting and recommending
> a known-problematic configuration to beginners - even if everyone is rightly
> excited about moving to the new compiler =)

Also it is not possible, at the moment, to make a debug build using
Visual Studio 2015. Here is a relevant mail I posted on the list about
the problem:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Debugging-specifics-wrt-visual-studio-td4185447.html

This can also be mentioned on the wiki, so that one can install the
appropriate version of Visual Studio ( and not build with 2015 only to
find that debugging does not work).

Regards,
Akash