compiler plugin

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 14:40:37 UTC 2016

On 07/12/2016 09:32 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> I've enabled an additional build for gerrit doing clang + plugins on linux
> we will see how that perform in average.
> preliminary observation is that there is way to much churn in the
> plugins for this to be viable at this time....

The newly set up
<http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/Config=linux_clang_dbgutil_64/>
misses some configuration though to build with Clang and plugins enabled
(so it happens to build with GCC and, consequently, no plugins).

At a minimum it would need CC=.../CXX=... (and CLANGDIR=...)
configuration switches to use Clang, and it would probably make sense to
also add an explicit --enable-compiler-plugins switch, so it doesn't
silently fall back to building with plugins disabled.

Stephan