Test File: sc/qa/unit/data/functions/fods/chiinv.fods: fails with Assertion

Alex McMurchy mcmurchy1917-libreoffice at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 07:03:11 UTC 2016

slaka wrote

> We are only failing 3 individual tests. And we fail the same tests Excel
> fails. Instead of disabling all test for x86 Linux , why not disable or
> change the rounding accuracy of the individual tests?

LO only seems to have problems only with numbers very close to
approaching 1 i.e. 0.999999999999999

The results LO gives for 0.000000000000001 through to .99999999 appear
to be consistent with what the Keisan online calculator returns at
http://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1180573197.

Personally I would either

 1. change the expected result to match what LO now returns;
 2. change the number so that it is not so close to 1 i.e. something
    like 0.999999
 3. introduce another test with a number approaching 0 i.e.
    0.000000000000001

Alex