minutes of ESC call ...

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Tue Sep 20 08:30:57 UTC 2016

> Curiously, this keyword’s first name was “proposedEasyHack”, which at some point was found “confusing” by someone. I just find it a bit funny that a similar name is being proposed now… ;-)

I too found needsEasyhackEvaluation a bit curious.

But I have to admit that the current use:
    keyword=easyhack and status=NEEDINFO
is not the best way to do it.

So adding a keyword seemed as a sensible option, I preferred just to keep keyword=needsDevEval, since that can be used independent of easy hack, but I leave that decision to the QA team.

the renaming of keyword=needAdvice to keyword=needsConfirmationAdvice is a bit strange to me. If a bug is not confirmed, it has status=UNCONFIRMED, so I am unsure why we keep needAdvice/needsConfirmationAdvice

We should be careful not to have too many keywords, and especially not to make workflows into changing keywords.

rgds
jan I