Re: [Libreoffice] minutes of ESC call ...

Áron Budea baron at caesar.elte.hu
Wed Sep 21 08:25:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 01:11 CEST, "Bjoern Michaelsen" <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Bug states should support the workflow to get the bug fixed -- not the other
> way around. OS crosschecking is irrelevant in more than 90% of cases for the
> work of a dev to start working on it. While regression info is quite helpful,
> very often it is provided already by the initial report even. Both are not
> reasons for devs to punt on the issue solely because of this -- thus, because
> bug states should support workflows and not the other way around, not to have
> yet-another-state and just have devs assume a crossplatform non-regression by
> default.

Regardless whether there is a separate status for "triaged" bugs or not, the
mentioned actions only involve QA, and no developer activity. Thanks for the
feedback, though, it's helpful to know what is worthwhile to spend time on.

My original point was that the keyword asking for developer advice should not
be restricted to UNCONFIRMED bugs if confirmed bugs don't have the
requirement of reproducibility by QA.

Nevertheless, I agree that effort is better spent elsewhere than pursuing
really obscure bugs, it seems to be something where careful prioritization is
important.

Cheers,
Aron