[Libreoffice] minutes of ESC call ...

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Wed Sep 21 09:33:28 UTC 2016

Áron Budea wrote on 21-09-16 10:25:

> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 01:11 CEST,<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Bug states should support the workflow to get the bug fixed -- not the other
>> way around.

And then when the bug status also support QA work, more bugs will be
well triaged and clean, and easy to pick and understand by developers ;)
So both are valid.

And what I read from Árons mail: just New is not enough for QA to see
that a bug is properly triaged.
I bet you that there are many many bugs confirmed and set to New, to
keep the number of unconfirmed low, but where no or hardly any real
triage has been done.
Nice challenge to find those and make sure the information in the
reports is used at it's best.

> Nevertheless, I agree that effort is better spent elsewhere than pursuing
> really obscure bugs, it seems to be something where careful prioritization is
> important.

Not always easy to understand what is obscure and if that makes issues
less relevant. It's always good to see when developers, for whatever
reason, pick up 'minor' issues.

Ciao - Cor

--
Cor Nouws