[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 15:28:51 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,

On Wednesday, 2016-09-21 12:22:49 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

> > NEW _should_ mean triaged for all matters. That it is not called the more
>
> This is where, in my experience with LO-QA, developer expectations and
> QA/user actions do not always coincide. Some developers ask for full
> backtrace with symbols before even deigning to sniff at a bug report.

For me it depends on whether I can reproduce a bug or not. If a crash
happens only in the scenario of the user reporting it, then not having
a backtrace a bug is quite useless for a dev. If I can reproduce a crash
then I don't need a backtrace attached to the bug.

> > NEW          | devs                      | fix the bug
> > ASSIGNED     | whoever is in assigned to | fix the bug [1]
> > REOPENED     | devs                      | fix the bug [2]
>
> I would take issue with the premise that only a dev can re-open the bug
> report, simply because this almost never happens today.

That's not what was written, re-adding part of the quote you omitted:

| bug states should be a rather clear mapping to which group of
| people is responsible to take it to the next step:

So, REOPENED -> dev means that the dev is responsible, not that only
a dev can reopen. Of course QA can also close a bug again if it was
reopened under false premises.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack