[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 15:52:39 UTC 2016

On 21.09.2016 17:28, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Wednesday, 2016-09-21 12:22:49 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
>>> NEW          | devs                      | fix the bug
>>> ASSIGNED     | whoever is in assigned to | fix the bug [1]
>>> REOPENED     | devs                      | fix the bug [2]
>>
>> I would take issue with the premise that only a dev can re-open the bug
>> report, simply because this almost never happens today.
>
> That's not what was written, re-adding part of the quote you omitted:
>
> | bug states should be a rather clear mapping to which group of
> | people is responsible to take it to the next step:
>
> So, REOPENED -> dev means that the dev is responsible, not that only
> a dev can reopen. Of course QA can also close a bug again if it was
> reopened under false premises.

actually i haven't felt responsible for REOPENED bugs so far, because my
experience is that they are usually not re-opened by QA folks but by
random users who usually either don't understand the workflow (the
current release is still buggy! well the fix just hit master today...),
or actually have a completely different bug that matches the overly
generic title of the bugzilla issue ("DOC file looks bad after import" -
wow i've got the same problem!).

so i'd welcome it if QA folks look at REOPENED bugs and move them to NEW
if appropriate :)