CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Sep 22 16:57:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 05:56:44PM +0300, Mike Kaganski wrote:
> 22.09.2016 17:46, Khaled Hosny пишет:
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 04:48:16AM -0700, Kamil Landa wrote:
> > > In TOOLS – OPTIONS – LANGUAGE SETTINGS – COMPLEX TEXT LAYUOT, there is
> > > „Cursor Control“ Movement: Logical/Visual.
> > > Please create „Logical/Visual“ also for Delete and Backspace, not only for
> > > cursor control.
> > Delete and backspace have no direction, unlike arrows, so there is no
> > visual/logical distinction to begin with.
>
> Well, at least some (significant number of) keyboards have left arrow for
> backspace, and some (quite few) have right arrow for delete.

OK, I can see some point here. However, AFAIK, no other application have this
distinction and delete/backspace always work logically.

I’d rather simplify things and remove the “logical” cursor movement
because it makes no sense for anyone editing RTL text, rather than
adding yet another option.

Regards,
Khaled