2 function names different only by case in polyline.cxx (vcl outdev)

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:19:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:16 PM, julien2412 <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed 2 functions with the same name:
> void OutputDevice::DrawPolyLine( const tools::Polygon& rPoly, const
> LineInfo& rLineInfo )
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/outdev/polyline.cxx#111
>
> void OutputDevice::drawPolyLine(const tools::Polygon& rPoly, const LineInfo&
> rLineInfo) 239
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/outdev/polyline.cxx#239
>
> I suppose for case sensitive os, it shouldn't be a problem but for OS like
> Win? (or perhaps I missed something)
>
> Any thoughts?

I guess small-case drawPolyLine is a private one that is used only
internally in OutpuDevice. In VCL there are many occurrences where we
use such a pattern. Renaming would be good - in some other cases we
use ImplDrawPolyLine pattern (OutputDevice::ImplDrawPolyPolygon) which
I don't like personally but would make sense in this case. OutpuDevice
is a big mess which we'll need to unit test & refactor in the (near)
future.

> Julien

Regards, Tomaž