Moving away from tools module
chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 22:36:19 UTC 2017
As I'm researching my book on the guts of LibreOffice, I notice that tools predates the SAL. In fact it's a bit of a hodge-lodge of files, many of which look like they should probably migrated into other modules.
I cleaned up ErrorHandler, but I thought I'd ask about the other headers here:
- b3dtrans.hxx - I'm assuming the b3d bit means basegfx 3D transformations. I've submitted https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/37030/ to move it into basegfx but unfortunately it's failing o Windows and I don't currently have a working system to determine why the linker is erroring out.
- bigint.hxx and fract.hxx - seems to be more appropriate to the sal module, possibly the RTL? Great to get thoughts of others on this one
- color.hxx and colordata.hxx - should that migrate to basegfx also?
- gen.hxx - includes Pair (shouldn't that be deprecated to std::pair?), Point, Size, Range, Selection and Rectangle
- poly.hxx - polygons
- line.hxx - lines
gen.hxx, lines.hxx and poly.hxx all are drawing primitives, wouldn't these be better off in basegfx?
- config.hxx - where would this go? I was thinking the RTL, but it also seems like something the VLC might do...
- contr.hxx - seems better suited in the svx module...
- cpuid.hxx - checks for SSE2 support, surely something for the SAL?
- time.hxx, date.hxx, datetime.hxx and datetimeutils.hxx - these all seem to be better suited to the SAL, and actually should we consider moving to chrono?
- debug.hxx and diagnose_ex.hxx - seems more suited to the RTL...
-extendApplicationEnvironment - seems to be a candidate for the OSL...
- fldunit.hxx and fontenum.hxx - both seems to be more appropriate in the VCL
There are quite a few headers, but as you can see most look to be more appropriately moved to another module. This would help streamline our module dependencies...
Sent from my iPhone
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice