For what versions get source archives created?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:17:52 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Paul Menzel <pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
> On 07/25/17 12:37, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Paul Menzel <pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de>
>> wrote:
> […]
> So the Change-Id is added to all commits, even if not pushed for Gerrit for
> review?

Yes, Change-Id added locally, by a git-hook.

> I guess, for example, to better track cherry-picks in other
> branches?

Nah, just to make sure there is one in case it gets pushed to gerrit.

>> It only exists on mirrors once the stuff is pushed to mirrors.
>> Before that the builds are assembled on pre-release server:
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/
>
> I guess that download.documentfoundation.org is the *master* though, that
> means, all mirrors mirror from that server?

It is master, but read again: "Before that the builds are assembled on
pre-release server"

stuff gets collected on that server until all builds are available,
and only then is the stuff added to the mirror/main download server.

> So does it take over a week to get the archives published, or does the
> directory need to be manually created on the server, and was just forgotten?

Sources are made available on the mirrors the same moment when the binaries are.

If you want to trigger your builds before that, you have to pull the
source tarballs from the pre-release server.

ciao
Christian