GSoC Weekly Report 7 - 10 | Revamp the Customization Dialog - Muhammet Kara

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at pardus.org.tr
Tue Aug 15 11:07:39 UTC 2017

Hello world,

In the past weeks I had an emergency surgery, and was not able to get
online for a while. Then I tried to work as much as I could during the
recovery and after that, and couldn't send weekly reports during that time.

In the weeks 7th to 10th of GSoC, I have

  * converted UI of Customize Dialog to the new design so that Menu,
    Context Menu and the Toolbar tabs now reseble the new look (still
    cosmetically rough).
  * added a custom widget class: CommandCategoryListBox which lists all
    command categories which can be added based on the current module
    (writer, calc etc.)
  * removed the useless if check and the return in the default case,
    which could cause the UI element to stop updating in cfgutil.cxx
  * ensured initialization and update of Function list box properly so
    that the command list box (Function box on the left) is properly
    populated and updated upon selection of a category from the
    categories list box (for Menu, Context Menu and the Toolbar tabs)

This week, I'll work on implementing the functionality of the Add and
the Remove buttons as priority, then proceed with the search feature.

You may watch the progress on gerrit.[0]

Cheers,
Muhammet

[0] http://bit.ly/customize17gerrit