[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: sw/inc sw/source

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:10:54 UTC 2017

Hi Thorsten,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 5:22 AM, Thorsten Behrens <thb at libreoffice.org>
wrote:

> Miklos Vajna wrote:
> > The idea is that per-paragraph signature should be non-chained, similar
> > to per-document signatures, so the Writer field(s) representing the
> > signature(s) should be filtered out before hashing, but otherwise this
> > just takes the paragraph text as-is. (My understanding is that ODF
> > specifies what is the exact paragraph string for a <text:p> element.)
> >
> Hi Miklos,
>
> ok - as long as that could be described (or pseudo code given),
> that'll do I guess. Just be aware that text:p can still be quite
> complex in xml, with whitespace mangling & all sorts of child elements
> (see paragraph-content-or-hyperlink / paragraph-content in the
> schema).

The code currently in master was a temporary first step. The logic I
currently have locally ready to push soon is to only use Text portions.

Roughly as follows:

  OUStringBuffer strBuf;
  for (auto& portion : paragraphTextPortions) {
      if (portion.TextPortionType == "Text")
          strBuf.append(portion.Text);
  }
  sign(strBuf.makeStringAndClear());

I expect this should exclude any unwanted fields/characters/LO-specific
conversions etc.

Let me know if there are concerns with this approach.

> And I wonder if char attribute sets shouldn't be included in the
> signature, no idea what funny view vs. content games could be played
> otherwise?

We considered/discussed this, but it quickly became apparent that there are
other complications in considering attributes. For now at least we are
leaving all formatting/styles out of document signing and only considering
the plain text.

Thanks