[GSoC] Migrating from legacy Parser to FastParser - Final Report
Mohammed Abdul Azeem
azeemmysore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 18:26:47 UTC 2017
After more than 12 weeks of coding, I think we've achieved what we set out
We started with an aim to move existing legacy parser contexts in sc/ and
other modules to fast contexts and to offload unzipping and reading into a
different thread. I've covered most of the details in weekly reports. I'll
just brief what we did, what we couldn't, just so that I can use this as a
link to my project submission.
- Moved unzipping into a new thread.
- Moved all the independent contexts to use fast tokens (rest of them
requires touching other modules)
- Lots of optimizations and refactoring.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Moving XSAXDocumentBuilder2 to use XFastDocumentHandler. It involved
multiple modules(sc, sw, starmath, sd, etc.) and resulted in failing lots
of test cases. I'm still working on this, which will help anybody following
this up easy to do the rest of the conversions.
- I observed lots of small issues, which I could write test cases for.
Hopefully, I will do this whenever I get time in future.
- Conversions of the rest of the legacy contexts.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/41178 (not merged)
I would like to thank all people who helped me during the project and
special thanks to my mentors Michael Meeks and Markus Mohrhard for
supporting me and giving me ample time to work at my own pace. It's been a
great time working with LibreOffice.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice