[GSoC] Migrating from legacy Parser to FastParser - Final Report

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Aug 28 20:20:36 UTC 2017

Hi Mohammed,

On 28/08/17 19:26, Mohammed Abdul Azeem wrote:
> After more than 12 weeks of coding, I think we've achieved what we set
> out to do.

	Its some great work that moved us far forward - thanks for that!

> We started with an aim to move existing legacy parser contexts in sc/
> and other modules to fast contexts and to offload unzipping and reading
> into a different thread.

	I think one key achievement was avoiding us needing to unzip the whole
package/ streams before we parsed them - which nailed a nasty
performance regression (caused by a previous correctness fix =).

	Overall, I'm really pleased to see the improvements in performance
we've got here - and to see your increasing confidence with the
optimization work.

> /In progress/:
> - Moving XSAXDocumentBuilder2 to use XFastDocumentHandler. It involved
> multiple modules(sc, sw, starmath, sd, etc.) and resulted in failing
> lots of test cases. I'm still working on this, which will help anybody
> following this up easy to do the rest of the conversions.

	That's greatly appreciated =)

	Good stuff,

		Michael.

--