Gerrit prevents upstreaming patches from others

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:55:40 UTC 2017

Hi  Paul, *,

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Paul Menzel
<pmenzel+libreoffice at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:

> I was asked to push a commit for review to the LO Gerrit instance [1].
>
> The patch is from a colleague, who is denoted as the commit author. No
> Gerrit complains, that I am not the author, and my colleagues email address
> is not registered to *my* Gerrit account.

This is intentional.

> Could you please change that, and disable that limitation? I don’t see any
> reason for it.

It is to prevent people from impersonating somebody else.

Think about someone trying your email  to introduce a backdoor ...
as well as reducing mistakes (when you're  using different email
addresses, and didn't configure your email...

> At least the committer address should also be looked at. Or some kind of
> Signed-off-by procedure.

That is already in place, as mentioned by Jan.

ciao
Christian