VS 2015 XP support? (was: MSVC 2015 builds Failing After 2017 Support added)

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:34:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 2/19/2017 12:34 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:

Hm.., what was changed since MSVC 2017 support, is that we are passing
toolset version, see commit message of the change you pointed to, and
particularly this line in external packages make files:

  $(if $(filter
$(UCRTVERSION),),,/p:WindowsTargetPlatformVersion=$(UCRTVERSION)) \

e.g.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/diff/external/lcms2/Exter
nalProject_lcms2.mk?id=b862cbdd345ec57c2595629ded6a3969e1e65d56

So, if your UCRTVERSION is 10.0.10240.0 (can you verify in
config_host.mk?), then the corresponding msbuild toolset must be
installed. Looks like you have only partially installed SDK 10 on your
machine, so you are on your own.

As explained in the commit message, that was needed to force msbuild to
use non default toolset (fro SDK 10) when no default one (SDK 8) is
installed on the system.

Possibly offtopic here, but shouldn't we explicitly use v140_xp toolset with VS 2015 *until* there's a need to explicitly drop XP? Answering to possible Tor's reaction ;-) , I want to clarify that personally I am all for dropping XP at the very moment we would need a single OS/compiler/... feature that we cannot have with it, but not earlier.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski