Question about Memory options

Lori Kaufman loriellenkaufman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:37:00 UTC 2017

I'm a writer with How-To Geek and I'm writing an article about how to speed
up LibreOffice. I was trying to understand the Memory settings in the
Options and how they all affect the performance of LibreOffice. The help
does not explain that.

If you don't use inserted objects often, does decreasing the number of
objects stored in the cache release memory that can be made available to the
image cache? Or, does one not affect the other?

Also, does disabling the Java runtime environment help speed up the
performance of the LibreOffice programs that don't use it, such as Writer or
Calc?

If someone can provide an explanation of how the Memory settings affect
performance, and under what circumstances, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lori Kaufman