Question about Memory options

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Feb 24 06:24:44 UTC 2017

> If someone can provide an explanation of how the Memory settings affect
> performance, and under what circumstances, I would really appreciate it.

I don't think anybody can give a general answer that would apply in all
situations. (After all, if there was a generic way to speed up LO by simply
changing some parameter, why wouldn't it do that automatically then,
instead of leaving it to the user?) What settings you think "work" or you
might not "work" for another person's use case on a different computer.
Also, you have to be very careful to avoid placebo effects.

I think those options should be removed. They best way to speed up LO is to
buy a more powerful computer.

--tml