how to check if my local copy of translations is really up-to-date?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:09:16 UTC 2017

Hi Jean-Baptiste, *,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM,  <jbfaure at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> Le 24.02.2017 13:09, Christian Lohmaier a Ă©crit :
>>

>> So to be  clear:
>> source/fr/svx/source/stbctrls.po has the translation in your checkout,
>> but in LibreOffice UI it is still untranslated?
>

> Yes. The bug 106082 has been confirmed on LO 5.2.6.1, at least for French
> and Italian.
>
> Today I bisected the bug on the 5.2 branch (less commits to test), and the
> first bad commit is:
>
> commit 3687612a93813449cfc68ce5ece3b785560b2e58

> My C++ (non-)knowledge does not allow me to detect what change in this
> commit triggered the bug.

Ah!, good catch.
It is the way the po files are processed/generated. It is picky about
the syntax.

In this case, the
}
;

is the problem. This will make the po-parsing/translation processing
add the next identifier to the context of all strings that follow,
making them not match anymore..

Fix is easy enough.

(won't have the new string "Could not load all SmartArts….", but will
have all the strings that are in pootle)

ciao
Christian