Gerrit: mark patches as waiting for review

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jan 3 10:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 10:34:27AM +0000, Kaganski Mike wrote:
> But I suppose a better thing is to mark it -1 in the beginning, and revert to 0 when ready.

No. No, no, no.

Very explicitly: NO!

Dont do that. In fact, be prepared that if you push stuff that is unfit to be
merged to gerrit _others_ will mark it as CR-2 to save themselves from the
noise. They have every right to do so: The social contract of gerrit is: if you
push something there, you ask for a review.

Breaking that social contract is a very Bad Thing(tm).

Again: DONT DO THAT.

Best,

Bjoern