How to retrieve a backtrace when there's no stack (case tdf#105182)

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jan 11 10:47:55 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 08, 2017 at 03:12:44PM -0700, julien2412 wrote:

> I wanted to give a try to tdf#105182 but the popup error seems to prevent
> from having a stacktrace.
> Is it possible to disable manually this popup mechanism?
> Indeed, in the quoted bugtracker, we know there's something with a vector
> but don't know which file or which method.

Not sure, but maybe starting a debug build with
--norestore
will help. It suppresses the dialog for an unhandled signal, maybe
also for an uncaught exception. Note that even the without-dialog
abort might come too late (it first winds up the stack until it
notices it is not caught), then you still have to apply the method
described by Eike.

--
Lionel