LibreOffice Error during make command

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jul 20 07:58:22 UTC 2017

On 19.07.2017 09:19, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>     during make command I got this error.
>
> What error?

that is a good question.

in the first mail sent to the list:

On 19.07.2017 09:18, sherlock wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to build libreoffice for android and doing this  doc
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingForAndroid>  step
> by step but during make command I got this error.
>

> Would anyone help me?
>

> Thanks in advanced
>

> --
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice-Error-during-make-command-tp4218467.html

^ there is a link to nabble.com at the bottom.

if you go there then you see that there is the actual error message:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target
'/home/libreoffice/external/tarballs/nss-3.29.5-with-nspr-4.13.1.tar.gz',
 needed by
 '/home/libreoffice/workdir_for_build/UnpackedTarget/nss-3.29.5-with-nspr-4.13.1.tar.gz'.  Stop.
Makefile:278: recipe for target 'cross-toolset' failed
make: *** [cross-toolset] Error 2

but the email that is sent to the libreoffice list from nabble.com
clearly does not contain the error message, so it is very confusing!

clearly this is a bug in the nabble.com software?  very unhelpful to
send mails that miss the most critical parts!