For what versions get source archives created?

Paul Menzel pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jul 25 10:59:36 UTC 2017

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your response.

On 07/25/17 12:37, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Paul Menzel <pmenzel at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
>>
>> I noticed, that in the Git repository, the tag *libreoffice-5.3.5.1* was
>> added on July 12th, 2017 [1]. (Unfortunately the Change-Id cannot be found
>> in Gerrit. [2])
>
> It is not a change request, and not part of any (named) bracnh, but
> you can find it in gerrit's gitweb (or on the various mirrors like
> anongit.freedesktop.org, github, launchpad,..)
>
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=commit;h=020db1aa8142e57290f8a21e4df31185392d0e38

So the Change-Id is added to all commits, even if not pushed for Gerrit
for review? I guess, for example, to better track cherry-picks in other
branches?

>> Again, I am unable to find the source archive on the download server [3].
>
> What do you mean with "again"?

I had the same problem with 5.3.4.2 [4], though the lag wasn’t that big
then.

>> The directory 5.3.5 doesn’t even exist.
>
> It only exists on mirrors once the stuff is pushed to mirrors.
> Before that the builds are assembled on pre-release server:
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/

I guess that download.documentfoundation.org is the *master* though,
that means, all mirrors mirror from that server?

>> Could you please explain to, what versions source archives are created for?
>
> Source archives are created for all tags, but only the last version
> will be kept on mirror, i.e. for 5.3.5 release, the 5.3.5 rc1 sources
> will be removed/the ones for rc2 will be on download mirror.
>
>> [3] https://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/5.3.5/
>
> That's were they are. and when you compare with 5.3.4 for example:
> https://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/5.3.4/ → there
> are the ones for rc2 only.

Yes, *today* they are there. Yesterday, that directory was *not* there,
or wasn’t accessible. I checked with GNU Wget and a browser.

So does it take over a week to get the archives published, or does the
directory need to be manually created on the server, and was just forgotten?

> Why are you looking for the source archives in the first place?
> For most usecases using the repositories directly is more convenient...

I know, but our internal package build system was written for source
archives, so that’s what we prefer.

Kind regards,

Paul

[4] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2017-June/077929.html
     "LibreOffice 5.3.4.2 archive missing, 06/19/17 11:56"