GSoC Weekly Report Solving MABs for Android Viewer - Ximeng Zu

Ximeng Zu uznomis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 21:10:01 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I spent my first week working on adding full screen presentation mode for
Android Viewer. Till now, conversion to svg file is successful and the
presentation mode activity works fine, but needs to add more control
options. I also solved a small bug:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/37847/.

I also got a new Android phone to test the app with, but I got SIGSEGV
error when opening a file (not happening on my old Android phone). So, I
needed to build with Android distro and with debug and go on to figure out
when goes wrong in the native code.

Since I was running Ubuntu on VMWare on win10 and my memory and swap was
not enough for a build with debug, I was playing around with different
options to work around this. Finally I decided that virtual machine was a
bad idea, and I installed Ubuntu for a dual boot with my win10. Now I am
trying to build on the newly installed Ubuntu and hopefully it will work
out.

Link to gerrit patch [WIP]: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/38006/

Best wishes,
Ximeng Zu